[Job Vacancy] Program Officer
Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM), established in August 1993 in Jakarta, is a policy advocacy organisation with limited association as its legal entity. To actively participate in the efforts to develop, promote and protect civil and political rights and other human rights, as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), has become ELSAM’s ‘driving’ objective. From the outset, ELSAM has committed itself to developing a democratic political order in Indonesia by empowering civil society through advocacy and promoting human rights.
Currently, ELSAM is looking for a professional, highly motivated person who is able to work individually and as part of the team under different circumstances to join us as:
Program Officer (PO)
The qualifications for the Program Officer (PO) are:
- Bachelor degree majoring in law.
- Adequate knowledge of human rights, having experience in human rights advocacy and research is preferred.
- Having comprehensive knowledge on Human Rights instruments.
- At least 2 years of experiences in implementing activities in the non-profit organisation, experiences in conducting legal and human rights advocacy.
- Having competence and experience in writing legal analysis and scientific papers (policy paper, policy brief, op-ed).
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a must.
- Familiarity with administrative and financial reports.
- Having passed the Advocate Profession Special Education Program (PKPA) is an advantage.
- Being able to work with less supervision, and under pressure.
- Having good communication skill, good personality and positive attitude.
- Being open-minded and able to accept diversity and inclusivity.
- Having passion in working in NGO and social activism, highly dedicated and willing to work long term to contribute in organizational development.
Applicants with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications should send a letter with CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: Program Officer (PO). Please ensure that the application letter addresses the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for the applications is 25 September 2023.